Susan Kennedy, Eleventh Scholarship Winner, 2017
2017 Winner of the Eleventh Scholarship
Susan has been working as a mechanical engineer in the mining industry since graduating from the University of Queensland in 2009 with a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) and a Bachelor of Arts (Economics & Spanish). She has worked in Queensland and Western Australia at both coal and iron ore mine sites in mobile maintenance and now works in the rolling stock maintenance department for BHP’s iron ore railway.
Susan is very excited to be enrolling at Cranfield University’s School of Management where she expects to broaden her understanding and skills in business and also to develop her leadership skills. She is particularly attracted by the industry links of the university, the type of research conducted by the school of management, and the focus of the school on leadership and organisation behaviour.
After graduating, Susan would like to use her skills obtained from the MBA and build on her industry experience in continuous improvement to become an effective and innovative manager.
In her spare time, Susan enjoys windsurfing, travelling and she reads widely on subjects such as history, economics, psychology, science and politics.
- Susan Kennedy, Eleventh Scholarship Winner, 2017
- Andrew Smith, Tenth Scholarship Winner 2016
- Lily Rattray, Ninth Scholarship Winner 2015
- Craig Kitto, Eighth Scholarship Winner 2014
- Daniel George, Seventh Scholarship winner 2013
- David Scollon, Sixth Scholarship winner 2012
- Anna Baggoley, Fifth Scholarship winner 2011
- Todd Myers, Fourth Scholarship winner, 2010
- Damini Singh, Third Scholarship winner, 2009
- Robert Milagre, Second Scholarship winner, 2008
- Sarah Nicholson – Inaugural Scholar 2007
- History of the McFarlane Dollar